Under the Guidance No. 1360/HD-TLĐ issued by the Vietnam General Confederation of Labour on August 28, 2019 and coming into effect on September 10, 2019:
Accordingly, to ensure democracy as well as to protect other interests of workers, to perform the tasks and responsibilities of trade unions, especially grassroot-level trade unions, additional benefits for workers have been recommended by trade unions. Specifically:
– Workers have a right to know:
– Workers are allowed to participate in the procedures for handling, dispute settlement, dealing with labor discipline violations, etc.
– Supplementing the workers’ right to decide on matters suitable to practical situations of the enterprise, such as: Payment rates of types of social funds, charities, sightseeing, travelling, etc.
– Workers have the right to participate in overseeing the performance of policies on workers, severance allowances, job-loss allowances, etc.
– Grassroots-level trade unions recommended the addition of provisions on other democratic methods to employers, such as: democracy by means of suggestion boxes, open letters, recommendations, forums, documents, booklets, news bulletins, direct communications with and receiving workers at enterprises, etc.