According to Decision No. 632/QD-LDTBXH of the Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs coming into effect on 4th May 2019:
– Specifically, before at least 15 working days, from the date a foreign employee expects to start working for his/her employer, that employer must submit a dossier for requesting that that foreign employee be granted a work permit to the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs. The dossier shall include:
1. Document requesting issuance of a work permit in accordance with form number 7 issued along with Circular No. 40/2016/TT-BLDTBXH;
2. A health certificate or medical examination report issued by foreign or Vietnamese authorized health organizations or agencies, whose period of time from the signing date of conclusion of health status to the date of dossier submission must not exceed 12 months;
3. A judicial record card or another document issued by a foreign country which affirms that said foreign employee is not a criminal or is criminally prosecuted, and whose period of time from the date of issuance to the date the dossier is submitted must not exceed 06 months. In case foreign employees reside in Vietnam then only the judicial record card issued by Vietnam is needed…
4. The written certification that the worker is a manager, chief executive officer, expert or technician. For some jobs and works, the written certification of the qualification of the foreign worker can be replaced with one of the following papers:
(i) Certificate of recognition which is issued by the competent authority of the foreign country if the worker is an artist in the traditional professions;
(ii) The documents proving experience of foreign soccer players;
(iii) The pilot license issued by a Vietnam’s competent authority to the foreign pilot;
(iv) The license for airplane maintenance issued by a Vietnam’s competent authority to the foreign worker who works in airplane maintenance industry.
5. 02 color pictures (4cm x 6cm, white background, frontal face, bareheaded and no colorful glasses) that are taken within 06 months ahead of the date of application.
6. Certified copy of passport or a substitute for passport or other license for international travel which is unexpired in accordance with the law.